The Labyrinth of Life

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Biggest Freak Out Yesterday
The next door neighbors, I'll call them Charlie Brown and Cancer Nurse, were outside raking leaves, including some in our yard. I told the husband who then felt obliged (or guilted) into getting out of his recliner despite his by then receding migraine headache and go and do the same. He spoke to Charlie Brown and said "Thanks for ruining my weekend" (ha ha) and Charlie Brown said to husband he should let his conscience be his guide.

Anyway, later that day we decided to go out for "dunch" (late lunch/early dinner) at the Red Robin. As we were getting into our car to leave, Charlie Brown and Cancer Nurse were also departing in theirs. I said to husband "hope they're not going to the Red Robin." (Do you see where this story is going?) We were enjoying our delicious fish and chips and Bonzai burger in the bar at Red Robin and husband said "there's Charlie Brown". Of course, since husband is known to constantly cry wolf and say things like this, I assumed he was joking. But no....in comes Charlie Brown soon followed by Cancer Nurse who proceeded to sit at the bar right across from us.

We made uncomfortable small talk with them for a minute or so and then bought them their drinks on our tab, unbeknownst to them. Perhaps the fact that there are only 120,000 people in this town doesn't make this much of a small world story, but nonetheless it kind of freaked me out.

3 Comments:

  • At 7:53 AM, Blogger whackpatti said…

    I feel your freak-out! My number one freak out of your post is that you are encouraging them by buying them drinks. Next you will be having them over for pinochle!

     
  • At 10:10 AM, Blogger whackpatti said…

    I'm wondering if the historical novel is still in play.

     
  • At 8:17 PM, Blogger lemocha said…

    Whackpatti, the historical novel is still in play but I am still in the plot development phase in my mind. Thanks for your kind inquiry!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home