The Labyrinth of Life

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Biggest Pet Peeve (Today)

This makes me so mad. When I mention I am going to go to lunch somewhere to a coworker and she/he asks if I would mind picking up something for them also. The coworker also says "I'll pay you when you get back." "Sure, no problem" I say to coworker. Now this was when I should have said "Oh, I'm sorry I only have enough cash for my lunch. " I drive in my car using my gasoline to pick up the food, bring it back to the little (bankrupt) princess, telling her as I set her precious lunch on her desk "that was $6.95." She responds with a cheerful " okay".

Do you think I saw one dime of that money by the end of the day?? No I did not. Now I am in the awkward position of having to mention it to her tomorrow in some gentle, subtle way so I don't seem like a money grubbing miser or I have to just forget about it and try to learn a valuable lesson. The lesson being - Never trust a bankrupt princess.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    As Dr. Phil would say: Nobody can take advantage of y'all without y'alls permission.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home