The Labyrinth of Life

Sunday, January 15, 2006

HOME
The husband and I just returned from a week's belated Christmas vacation visiting family. We were basically couch/lounge chair ridden during the holidays so this was our opportunity to do the familial visits.

I come away from this past week with the following enlightenment: There is no place like home. We love our families and they were nothing but kind to us but it is very difficult to stay in others homes for more than 24 hours in my opinion. The parental units are so set in their ways on how they live their likes and don't quite understand our (set in our ways) routines. Example: It's 9:00pm, my bedtime everynight since I get up at 5:30am and each night the question was posed "you're going to bed so early, it's only 9:00? Like I didn't realize the time. Or this one: Which comics do you read in the paper? Or this one: Do you watch Breakfast with the Arts (or fill in name of any TV show they happen to be watching that we never watch).

Ah, blessed home!!

5 Comments:

  • At 11:50 AM, Blogger Griz said…

    That's funny. I like to live my likes. I like movies...I go see movies. I like cake...I eat cake. I like money...so I work. I like being a smart-ass...so I make smart-ass comments on people's blogs. Isn't like grand?

     
  • At 11:57 AM, Blogger lemocha said…

    I like that Griz "live my likes." Hadn't heard that before. I guess that's exactly what the parents are doing, living their likes. They like Law and Order, they watch Law and Order-6 times in one day.

     
  • At 12:32 PM, Blogger whackpatti said…

    I like to live my likes too. It's so nit!

     
  • At 8:54 AM, Blogger whackpatti said…

    Blog, damn it!

     
  • At 8:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What up, girlfriend? You sick or sumpin? Thatz jus whack!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home