The Labyrinth of Life

Monday, January 02, 2006

Make New Friends but Keep the Old
I had a phone call from an old friend today calling to wish us a Happy New Year. It dawned on me on this 2nd day of 2006 that this is a friend I have known now for 30 years. I find this comforting yet somewhat startling to realize so many years have gone by since I established some of my dearest and longest friendships during my 2nd year of college in 1976. I reflect back on those halcyon days with such fond memories and can't believe so many years have flown by.

I have met many people since than and none, other than my dear husband and best friend since Jr. High, compare to the friendships I made during my years in college. I am not a person who needs many people in her life and for that I feel lucky. But I feel luckiest for having found such friends and have sustained those relationships for all these many years.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:21 PM, Anonymous BFF said…

    What a moving tribute to your friends...and your ability to sustain friendships. I do, however, think that your friend that you have had since junior high should not be lumped in with all your college friends (save for one Laddy Joel.)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home