The Labyrinth of Life

Sunday, January 08, 2006

To My Dear Friend
I heard this song today from a singer named Keb Mo and the lyrics struck such a cord for me that I would like to share them and dedicate them to my dear, true friend, Gladys from the bottom of my heart.

One Friend
People come and people go
They take and they give
Build you up
Just to let you down
That's just the way it is

All I need is one friend
To get me through the day
One Friend
That never goes away
One Friend
To understand
And never let me down

I've been in love
I've been in pain
I'm a sinner
I'm a saint
No matter where I am
Or what I do
It's you I appreciate

All I need is one friend
To get me through the day
One Friend
That never goes away
One Friend
To understand
And never let me down

Can't nobody love you
More than you love yourself
And as long as I've got my one good friend
I don't need nobody else

All I need is one friend
To get me through the day
One Friend
That never goes away
One Friend
To understand
And never let me down

1 Comments:

  • At 11:49 AM, Blogger whackpatti said…

    Through my tears of joy and my full heart I must say to you thank you and I love you. I couldn't not survive even a day without you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home