The Labyrinth of Life

Sunday, February 05, 2006

A Dear Friend
I have a very dear friend in my life whom I love to death. I am going to call him Bob. I have known Bob literally, since the day he was born some 13 year ago to my lifelong friends, Gladys and her husband, and he has been such a gift in my life.

My husband and I are childless (or childish) by choice as we married late in our reproductive lives . We did not want to have a "mongoloid" as my husband's totally insentive urologist stated we might have as he was snipping my husband's vital manly tubings. I truly have never regretted the decision of not having children as it was a clear choice we both made.

However, I do love kids and have always enjoyed the times I have spent with my 6 nieces and nephews.
My relatives live in another state though and visits with them are few and far between and they are all nearly grown up. Gladys and her husband gave me the greatest honor when Bob was born and invited me to be in the delivery room when he entered the world and his has been a part of my life ever since.

Bob has brought into my life so much laughter, fun, silliness, thoughtfulness and love. He is a very kind and sensitive boy, yet has a tremendous sense of humor (like his mom). He is extremely bright, a whiz with the computer (like his dad), very social and has a keen insight on everything going on around him. Unlike so many kids his age, he engages in conversations, is polite, and has empathy for others. Of course he is not perfect, that would just make him an oddball. Did I mention that he is one of the most attractive kids I've ever seen, and I'm not just saying that. He is such a blend of his parents appearances, it's difficult to say which of them he most resembles.

I hope for Bob that he continues on the path he is on, succeeding in life without too much heartache or grief, finding the right partner to spend his life, and having children who will turn out as wonderful as he has.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:49 AM, Blogger whackpatti said…

    OHMYGOL! I am totally speechless! Words would seem only trite to what is happening in my heart right now. (aside from the progressive clogging of arteries.) You are a precious auntie and gift to all of us.

     
  • At 10:55 AM, Anonymous Bob said…

    Thank You!

    Thats very nice! :D

    7|-|3 \/\/335173 15 50 Y0V k/\/0\/\/ \/\/|-|0 17 15

     
  • At 4:05 PM, Blogger Griz said…

    Aren't you glad we didn't name him Albino? Although I'm sure you (and his mom and I) would love him all the same. I can't believe how fortunate we've been to have a son like him!!!! His birth was all the more special because we could share it with you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home